Header Ads

Mobile Category

Iheanacho, others denied hotel lodging

Reports from England say Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola plans to let Kelechi Iheanacho and his team-mates sleep at home the night before matches at the Etihad rather than stay in a hotel.
SunSport say Gaurdiola is prepared to let his charges OFF the leash as he believes in giving his stars more responsibility for looking after themselves

Since 2014, the club’s players have normally stayed in the luxury living accommodation at their glittering £200million City Football Academy before home games.
The rules have been relaxed slightly ahead of a handful of night matches but generally they have stayed within the Etihad campus.
“I judge my players on the work they do, not on their private lives. I’m not a policeman. I’m in bed at ten o’clock and I’ve got no urge to go and check up on my players. That’s why I’d rather have them at home and not cooped up in a hotel with nothing to do.”
City sources say Guardiola has yet to reveal what his policy will be this season, with the first home game against Sunderland on August 13.
But it is believed he is giving serious thought to leaving the players to their own devices and only calling them together at the Etihad a few hours before kick-off.

No comments

We love comments please drop your comment

Theme images by lobaaaato. Powered by Blogger.