NPFL: Okocha ready to play for Enugu Rangers if…
Former Super Eagles captain Austin Jay Jay Okocha has
sensationally declared that he could come out of retirement to play for
Enugu Rangers or any team that brings the ‘right’ price for him.
Having dazzled in his recent outing during the Yobo Testimonial match in Port Harcourt, Okocha was put on the spot by journalists during the official launch of his Foundation in Lagos on Tuesday whether he could play for Rangers or in the Nigeria Professional Football League in order to help bring more followership to domestic football.
In his response, Okocha who played for clubs like PSG, Bolton Wanderers, Hull City among other teams during his illustrious career said money is capable of doing almost anything so it is not impossible to see him play for a team like Rangers if they come with an offer that is irresistible.
“Well I don’t know if Rangers can afford to bring me out of retirement, I had reasons before quitting football not that my body cannot carry me again, If I am to return to football, then it will mean that I have to drop a whole lot of other things that I am doing, if a team can adequately pay me to drop every other thing to play for them, why not” Okocha responded quite sarcastically.
Okocha also gave a caveat that anybody for any reason that is willing to spend big on a 43-year old should know what to expect.
Having dazzled in his recent outing during the Yobo Testimonial match in Port Harcourt, Okocha was put on the spot by journalists during the official launch of his Foundation in Lagos on Tuesday whether he could play for Rangers or in the Nigeria Professional Football League in order to help bring more followership to domestic football.
In his response, Okocha who played for clubs like PSG, Bolton Wanderers, Hull City among other teams during his illustrious career said money is capable of doing almost anything so it is not impossible to see him play for a team like Rangers if they come with an offer that is irresistible.
“Well I don’t know if Rangers can afford to bring me out of retirement, I had reasons before quitting football not that my body cannot carry me again, If I am to return to football, then it will mean that I have to drop a whole lot of other things that I am doing, if a team can adequately pay me to drop every other thing to play for them, why not” Okocha responded quite sarcastically.
Okocha also gave a caveat that anybody for any reason that is willing to spend big on a 43-year old should know what to expect.





Post a Comment