Mourinho takes a dig at Wenger and Van Gaal
Jose Mourinho has launched another attack on Arsenal manager Arsene
Wenger following his unveiling as the Manchester United manager on
Tuesday.
Mourinho has enjoyed a tempestuous relationship with Arsenal boss Wenger over the years famously labelling the Frenchman a “specialist in failure” having not won a title since 2004.
And when asked about whether he now has a point to prove following his sacking by Chelsea in December Mourinho aimed a pointed barb at his rival.
“There are some managers, the last time they won a title was 10 years ago, the last time I won was a year ago,” he said.
“I feel I have to prove – not to the others – to myself.
“I will never be able to work without success. That’s my nature.”
The controversial Portuguese also launched a thinly veiled attack on United’s immediate past manager, Louis van Gaal.
“If I have something to prove, imagine the others! To finish 4th is not the aim.”
Mourinho has enjoyed a tempestuous relationship with Arsenal boss Wenger over the years famously labelling the Frenchman a “specialist in failure” having not won a title since 2004.
And when asked about whether he now has a point to prove following his sacking by Chelsea in December Mourinho aimed a pointed barb at his rival.
“There are some managers, the last time they won a title was 10 years ago, the last time I won was a year ago,” he said.
“I feel I have to prove – not to the others – to myself.
“I will never be able to work without success. That’s my nature.”
The controversial Portuguese also launched a thinly veiled attack on United’s immediate past manager, Louis van Gaal.
“If I have something to prove, imagine the others! To finish 4th is not the aim.”





Post a Comment