Header Ads

Mobile Category

Man United never gave me a chance – David Moyes

The 53-year-old was handpicked by Sir Alex Ferguson as his successor when he retired but the former Everton boss did not last one season as he got fired as the club finished in seventh in 2014.
“When you sign a six-year contract and you end up there for 10 months, then yes, I believe I was unfairly treated, but that is life in football,” he said.
“Ultimately the key is to win football matches. I didn’t win enough football matches, but you must say there were mitigating circumstances.

“And I think you could say there are maybe things that have gone on since then that would actually justify that even more.”
Despite that setback, the Scot believes that it can only get better for his career from this point on as he picked up valuable experience from his time at Old Trafford.
“It gave me an unbelievable idea of what it is like at the top,” he said. “I believe that’s where I can work and that’s where I should be working. That is my level.
“You don’t get offered big jobs, if you’ve not done something. You don’t get offered the Real Madrid job, the Barcelona job, the Manchester United job, if you’ve not had something to suggest that there’s a reason for it.”
After Manchester United, David Moyes had a season stint with Real Sociedad in Spain where he was also fired.

No comments

We love comments please drop your comment

Theme images by lobaaaato. Powered by Blogger.